Tuesday 16 August 2016

Seasonal Style Board



Everybody likes to believe that they have their own unique style. In reality, everybody's style is a collaboration of different aspects of their daily life. Fist there's when and where you grew up, your culture. There's also your past. Whether you were made to dress very conservatively as a child/teen or if you had older siblings, what you could watch. Another aspect that forms your style is your daily life. Are you active? have a desk job? live in a hot climate? Then there's your peer group and the media. Basically what I'm saying is that while your combination of styles may be unique, it's very unlikely that you have any original style.

To create your own style board first take a look at the clothes you have and the clothed you would like to have. With programmes like Polyvore you can create outfits to match any theme.

People find their inspiration all over so I'm going to give you a glimpse at my preferred style. Now keep in mind this is how id dress is money was no object. I'll be creating a few outfits and explaining what I like about each.

Winter


  • Now one thing to keep in mind through the four seasons is that I keep two key bottoms. First is black leggings. They're comfortable and go with anything. 
  • The second is denim. Denim can also be paired with about anything and dark denim goes well in the winter.
  • Sweatpants because during the winter I like to maintain a comfortable lazy look
  •  A long skirt for when I want to dress up
  • Jumpers for a stylish way to stay warm
  • a cardigan to pull any outfit together
  • a long sleeved top. The one I included is a little cropped meaning it would pair well with high waisted bottoms.
  • I am a huge fan of dresses, and knit dresses look amazing so I make use when I can
  • A lighter and heavier winter jacket
  • Waterproof  shoes, snow boots and flats. I also included tights and thick socks.
  • As for accessories, I included things to stay warm because let's face it, that's the priority.

Spring


  • The jeans I added for spring show a bit more skin so they're lighter for the warmer weather.
  • I also added cropped pants to add a bit of colour
  • the skirt I feel is fun and can be worn alone on warm days or with tights on cooler days.
  • Cardigans are a great way to layer clothes, especially when the temperature changes often during the day
  • Shorter sleeved tops can help you stay cool as the sun grows warmer and help to add some colour.
  • I adore pastels and this list wouldn't feel right without a pastel blue spring dress.
  • a light jacket is best but if it's not waterproof make sure you have a raincoat.
  • during spring you'll probably need different types of shoes for the fluctuating weather, but regardless of what you choose, you'll probably need rain boots.
  • Your eyes will need help adjusting to the sun, and I like vintage style sunglasses. Also, can't go wrong with a cute umbrella.

Summer


  • As you can imagine, the chosen denim for summer is shorts
  • And yes I did include full on black leggings because sometimes you just don't wanna deal with chafing
  • high waisted shorts are versatile and comfy
  • and a loose skirt will definitely help you stay cool.
  • I've been experimenting with tank tops and I think whether you cut your own or buy them, loose fabric is great.
  • I also love crop tops but find I can only wear them comfortable with high waisted bottoms.
  • Sun dresses are amazing in every shape and style, as well as a super lazy way to just throw clothes on and go.
  • Flip flops are also super lazy but you can go the extra mile with other sandals. Make sure to keep sneakers handy for when you're doing more walking.
  • While all the winter accessories revolved around staying warm, as you can imagine, this season's theme is staying cool with hats, sunglasses, and if you wanna go the extra mile bring along a fan aand a parasol.

Fall/Autumn


  • Along with the leggings and denim, I added these stretchy beige pants that seem very season appropriate.
  • The tan skirt seems very fun while very put together at the same time.
  • I tried experimenting with different cuts of tops for fall as well as lighter and heavier tops.
  • Shirt dresses are so cute and add this sort of... Ivy league chic, if that's even a thing. 
  • I kept with the same neutral polished look for the light jacket.
  • Shoe wise just have a bunch of flats handy and a pair of sneakers.
  • a scarf and hat are good for both cooler and warmer weather.
  • Finally, I added a crown because this fall set just needed a bit more fun.
As you can see My style is especially eclectic and I try to keep things as easy as possible. If you make your own seasonal outfits, Id love to see and maybe youll be my new style inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment