Sunday 7 August 2016

My Summer Daily Plan



While I only have a few weeks left of vacation, I want to make the most of it. I need to get into a routine and start building habits for the school year. Goodbye to the days of waking up at noon and staying indoors all day (in my defence it's been deathly hot). I want to make for food, spend more time outdoors, and make the absolute most out of my summer.

But unfortunately I have to be realistic, and the reality is that life happens and I'll have to expect that. So instead of doing a scheduled planner, more the rest of the summer I'll be sticking to something more along the lines of a to-do list. They will be in somewhat chronological order but really as long as I do them, that's all that matters.

So without rambling on any further, this is my plan to make the most of the rest of my vacation.


  • Eat Breakfast
 This is probably the most important for me because as someone who likes to wake up as late as possible I usually just grab a coffee or Energy drink and call it a day. The days I do treat myself even to something as simple as toast, my energy is much higher by noon.


  • Write
I love writing, but only when I'm sitting down and actually writing. When I'm sitting down, watching TV, the least appealing thing is to sit down and make myself write, but when I do, I never regret it. So whether it's writing a blog post, or writing a novel, each day I'll try my hardest to write even just a little.

  • Read 
When I was younger I would read for hours and hours, barely stopping to eat. But as high school became more difficult and my time for reading was consumed with things I've had to read, I've stopping ready for the joy of it. I very much intend to remedy it.

  • Update Social Media
This is important to me because I often have a hard time keeping up with things. By keeping up with social media so can keep up to date with things happening in the media and with my friends/ family.

  • Be Active
I don't care if it's walking, dancing, or swimming but I just need something to get me active during the day, even if only for 15 minutes. This will be easier when I go back to school as I'll have a gym nearby but for now, anything works.

  • Try Something New
This may be hard to do every day, but I'm sure going to try. I like to learn new things and picking up new hobbies and by trying new things I hope to develop some new passions.

  • Clean
There's always something around that needs to be tidied and looking at it all makes me want to do none of it. By tackling a small portion each day maybe I can hope to clear the mess.

  • Plan Tomorrow/Journal
I believe it very important at the end of each day to gather your thoughts and make sure everything is together for the next day. This means setting your alarm, checking on appointments, even planning your outfit. Another thing I want to do is start journaling about my day. I think this will help with both stress and creativity.

  • Do Yoga
While this could be done morning or night, seeing as I'm far from a morning person, before bed works best. Meditation and winding down is to help me fall asleep seeng I have slight insomnia.








No comments:

Post a Comment